Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shinichi Shinichi is offline

Default Find method example

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the help.
Yes, it works for my application.

Shinichi
-----Original Message-----
Shinichi,

I like to use the CountIf function. (It has few if any

errors)
Dim nm As String, x As Integer
nm = "z"
x = WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("sheet2").Range

("A1:A300"), nm)
If x = 0 Then
MsgBox (nm & " not found")
Else
MsgBox (x & " occurance(s) of " & nm & " found")
End If

You can use a For .... Next loop to cycle through a list

of names.
Or you can use an Input box for the user to enter a name

to search for.
Amend the code to return True or False.

You could build this into a Function instead of a Sub.
--
sb
"Shinichi" wrote in message
Hi All!

I need to find out if certain names exist in Worksheets
("Data").Range("A1:A300") in my application.
It should give boolean answer True or False.

So I would like to use "Find method" but I could not

find
much answer in help file or MSDN library.

Can anyone tell me how to use find method please?

Thanks in advance,
Shinichi

.