Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Carlock[_2_] Jim Carlock[_2_] is offline

Default Keyboard Macros

What's the best way to set the following keystrokes up as a
keyboard macro?

F2, CTRL+A, F4, [Enter]

I keep wanting real keyboard macros but for some reason,
the recording of these keypresses doesn't work. F2 doesn't
get recorded, the cell contents gets recorded (and that's not
any part of the keystroke sequence), F4 doesn't get recorded
even though F4 forces the cell into an Absolute Reference,
CTRL+A isn't recorded.

I'm using Excel XP. I keep thinking that I'm going to have to
use SendKeys, but this is getting way to complicated to do
something that is a basic component of DOS spreadsheets
and advanced DOS code editors.

I must have overlooked something somewhere. I'm not sure
what a Macro after trying to do this. ;-)

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.microcosmotalk.com