Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fidelis Fidelis is offline

Default calculating averages

Thanks a whole bunch Steve. The cells function seems to do
the trick when I am doing straight averages.
Unfortunately, I need to do conditional averages and want
to calculate a dividend and divisor.
avg = dividend/divisor ' provided divisor is not zero
dividend = worksheetfunction.sum(cells(x1, x2), cells
(r1, r2))
divisor = worksheetfunction.countif(for cells in same
range that are non zero)

I tried using the Range(cells(x1, x2), cells(r1,r2))

but that returns application or obj definition error.

thanks again for your assistance

Fidelis