Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Christopher Gardner Christopher Gardner is offline

Default Protect UserInterfaceOnly in Shared Workbook

George---did you ever discover a workaround to the problem you had*? I
have run into something similar.

Another phenomenon with a shared workbook is that a user can clear
formats in unlocked cells (if permission has been given), which locks
the cells and prevents further editing! I am also trying to figure out
how to prevent that from happening too.
/Chris

*("I need to Protect UserInterfaceOnly in a Shared workbook.Excel
changes the protection to full protection on workbook close and because
the workbook is shared I can't run my protect macro to set
UserInterfaceOnly=TRUE when a user re-opens the workbook")