Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati[_2_] Vasant Nanavati[_2_] is offline

Default MyOval = ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Name

Hi Michael:

There appears to be an error in the code. Try instead:

MyOval = Selection.Name

Regards,

Vasant.

"michael Chen" wrote in message
Can anybody help me why
MyOval = ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Name
doesn't work.

It appears in the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -
139662, How to Use a Visual Basic Macro to Create a Bubble
Chart.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q1
39/6/62.asp&NoWebContent=1

Since bubble chart in EXCEl adjust the bubble size
proportionally, (for example, if you set all bubble size
to half, the chart won't change since EXCEl adjust them),
I am going to draw oval manually as showed in the code in
this article 139662. But the code in the article doesn't
work. I guess it is due to old version. I am new to VBA.
Anybody can tell me how to get out of it?

Also any other ideas about fixing the bubble size are
wellcomed.