Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gilligravy gilligravy is offline

Default combine cells and preserve formatting of individual characters

I am trying to create a macro which combines text from multiple cells
into a single cell (simple), but I need to preserve the formatting of
the individual characters. Each cell may contain some characters of
Arial and some characters of Symbol, some itallics, and/or some bold.

How can I manipulate the cell contents without losing the unique
formatting? Is there a way to detect the character formats within a
cell so that I can reapply them after I combine cell values?

Thanks,
Alec

Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/

-- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions