Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
patrick molloy patrick molloy is offline

Default Visual Basic problem

First, at the top of the code module, have this line:

OPTION EXPLICIT

this will force you to explicitly dim variables

Next, its difficult without seeing your code but

Dim sit as String
sit = Activesheet.Name

Now often, when I see that error message its a bit of a
red herring in that a key word is often highlighted that
has no relevence to the issue....which may be that a
reference is missing. in teh IDE, select Tools/References
& check if any are flagged as Missing. If they are, then
you'll need to browse & re-select them.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP