Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James Cox James Cox is offline

Default Excel 2002 / XP - Running .XLS with Macros via Task Scheduler

We've just moved to Excel 2002 and XP and are having some problems with
running scheduled spreadsheets via the Task Scheduler.

We have an account that has Administrator privileges and have done the
self-certification thing so that when we manually run the spreadsheet, there
are no prompts requiring user interaction.

However, when we run it under the Task Scheduler (with the account still
logged in) the spreadsheet hangs at a sub that prints a named range. We're
seeing the same behavior on a second PC and a different spreadsheet that
hangs when it tries to send an Outlook note. Again, the spreadsheet runs
fine and with no user interaction if manually kicked off.

Anyone bumped into this and solved it - or have any suggestions of what to
try?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

James