Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default Paste Special won't work in VBA

Once again, I have run into something I don't understand. I copy an entire
spreadsheet, go to a blank sheet, and Paste Special for values, column
widths, and formats. I used the macro recorder to get the syntax for the
Paste Special events.

The Column Widths, though, won't work in VBA. Values and Formats do, but
Formats won't do the Column Widths in VBA. On a right click, though, I can
do both Formats - which will include Column Widths - and just Column Widths.

The beginning of the code which includes the Paste Specials follows. Any
help is appreciated.

Ed

Sub SlimFile()

'

' SlimFile Macro

' Macro recorded 8/15/2003 by Authorized User

' Turn off alerts

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

' Add new worksheet

Sheets.Add

' Copy info from Sheet1

Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Cells.Select

Selection.Copy

' Paste values, formats to Sheet 2

Sheets("Sheet2").Select

Range("A1").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=
_

False, Transpose:=False

Range("A1").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlColumnWidths, Operation:=xlNone, _

SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

Range("A1").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=
_

False, Transpose:=False

Range("A1").Select