Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default Cross-Post vs MultiPost

Richard,

Was just looking for a place to put my deck chair and you gave me
an opening.
Agreed that this and many of the other "guidelines" discussions accomplish
nothing seeing as the people who would most benefit by them will never
read them and we're all pretty lax in trying to educate obvious new posters
when we reply to their posts.

Take care,
John

"R. Choate" wrote:

John,
My post was a simple rhetorical comment, which turned out to be 100%
correct. Anytime the current subject comes up, the thread becomes 10 miles
long. Real hot-button issue. It just seems like overkill to me. I guess your
comment was that my post was just adding to the stack. That may be true, but
you would have to agree that adding my comment to the stack is just another
deck chair on the Queen Mary.

These cross-post/multi-post discussions, IMHO, just become like a cancer.
The same things have been said a million times and nothing is going to
change. Just as you and others have said in the past, if a person is too
discourteous, they will probably be ignored by the NG. However, I have
noticed that even the worst offenders seem to get a helpful reply, even if
it is accompanied by a scolding.
--
RMC,CPA