Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Passing arrays to a subroutine

This worked fine for me:

Public Sub arrayPass()
Dim argArray(3) As Integer

argArray(0) = 12
argArray(1) = 13
testerSub argArray

End Sub

Public Sub testerSub(argArray() As Integer)
Dim test1 As Integer, test2 As Integer

test1 = argArray(0)
test2 = argArray(1)
Debug.Print test1
Debug.Print test2

Tom Ogilvy

Braden Craig wrote in message
Hello,

I have a simple question. I would like to know how
to pass an array argument to a subroutine. I would like
to do something like the example below illustrates. (The
syntax for the below example is wrong and does not work
but should show the simple thing I am trying to do.)

I can program a workaround using ParamArray, but I would
prefer not to pass my args in this way. Instead of
listing all the args of my array in the ParamArray, I
would prefer to pack them into an array and pass them to
my subroutine using just the name of the array.

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

Braden Craig

Public Sub arrayPass()
Dim argArray(3) As Integer

argArray(0) = 12
argArray(1) = 13
testerSub (argArray)

End Sub

Public Sub testerSub(argArray() As Variant)