Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stan R Stan R is offline

Default changing sort for pivot table fields

I am using Office 2000 and had a request from customer to
add ability to check/uncheck all items in a specified
pivot table field.
I found a code on the web that does that, but there is a
problem with it. when trying to check an item in the list
(pivot table field), by using this command "Items.Visible
= True", excel is giving error message, but "Items.Visible
= False" work fine.
Whith the help of the internet search, I found the
solution to this problem also. I had to change the "Sort"
option in the Advenced" properties of a field to Manual.
Then my code worked.

Here is my question...

Our fields have different sort order. Could you tell me
what code should I use in order to do the following:

1) Read and store existing sort property of a specified
field
2) Change the sort of the field to Manual
3) Do the check/uncheck (i have code for that)
4) Set sort property of the field back to original (that
was stored in step 1)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot