Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ronj Ronj is offline

Default Method 'Run' of object '_Global' failed when changing OS and Office versions

I am getting a Run-time error '1004': Method 'Run' of
object '_Global' failed when running the same code that
works perfectly on NT 4.0, Excel 97. Forced to move to
Win 2000 with Excel 2000. Not an Excel or VB expert, so
the Microsoft Knowledgebase hit didn't help me.

I have a subrouting called DoIt:

Sub DoIt()
Sheet1.Initializer
Sheet1.loadup
Sheet1.copyover
Sheet1.titles
Sheet1.BuildIOPacektsChart
Sheet1.BuildIOPacketErrsChart
Sheet1.Conv2html
Sheet1.ToGifs
Sheet1.SaveHtml

End Sub

It is called from the Auto_Open function to run when the
file is executed:

Public Sub Auto_Open()
' Will automatically run when this app is started.

Run ("Sheet1.DoIt")

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
' Quit - close down Excel.
Application.Quit

End Sub

The failure happens on the line: Run ("Sheet1.DoIt")

I have absolutely no idea where to even start. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ronj