Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Retaining a default in an input box

Look at the VBA help for InputBox.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Gordon Humphreys" wrote in message

Many thanks to Hank Scorpio and Dave for solving the 'screen
glassed-over' problem. I have another, back to converting an Excel4
macros system to VB.

In Excel 4, =INPUT("Use this again or overwrite",3, "Enter accounting
date", Z99) [where Z99 is the cell with the instruction], has the effect
of repeating last time's entry. It works even if the file has been
closed overnight.

What is the VB equivalent? I hoped this would work

Dim BlankName As String
BlankName = InputBox("Enter the name k", _
"Name of the blank sheet you wish to use", BlankName)
Documents.Open BlankName

but it doesn't ie the input box comes up blank. Is there a way of
making the default from the previous entry?