pmhall

Default How can I replace 2 of 5 characters within an cell in MS Excel?

I am using MS Office 2003 and attempting to use a wildcard to find and
replace characters within cells within a column (ex. 161000 to be changed to
201000). In a column of such numeric values the first two digits are
consistent while the last 4 digits are not. Using the wildcard feature in the
find and replace menu, I highlighted the column, clicked find and replace,
"Find what = 16*, Replace with = 20*". This changed 161000 to 20*, when I
wanted 201000. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.