Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David McRitchie[_2_] David McRitchie[_2_] is offline

Default How reassign toolbar button ??

Hi David,
Adding to Tom's comment:
Toolbars are stored in your .XLB file and applies to your use of
Excel not to a particular workbook or to a particular worksheet.
Best to place the macro in your personal.xls workbook and
assign the macro to run from there.

I have a page on toolbars if you're not too overwhelmed with
all your other problems:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm
since it looks like you are overwhelmed you probably definitely want
to be sure you are taking backups.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm

HTH, it

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
You would bring up tools=customize, then right click on the button and
change the macro assigned to the button.

in code, you would reassign using the onaction property.

Tom Ogilvy

"David" wrote in message
I have a toolbar button set to run a macro but somehow it
is running a macro in another workbook.
How do I reassign the button to run the macro from the
same workbook?
I looked in Help but it only says how to set up a button
not how to reassign it.