Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Griffiths Greg Griffiths is offline

Default Excel application: Summing several terms (some constant, somevariable)

build it as you would any other progam, in its and then just display the
total at the end.

David wrote:

Dear All:

I have not used Excel to build simple applications, so any advice
would be much appreciated. How do I build an application to simply sum
several variables, where a few of those variables offer alternative
options.

For example, I have a multivariate model that estimates the total cost
of a treatment:

Constant_01 + Constant_02 + Age + Region + Treatment + ... = Total

Age would look something like:

Age Age parameter estimate
50 -200
51 -180
52 -170
53 -160
54 -150

Region would have:

Region Region parameter estimate
East +500
North +200
South +300
West +475

etc, etc.

The variables "Age, "Region", "Treatment",... would have drop down
menu's and values of age, or region, or treatment would be selected
(the parameter estimate column would be hidden).

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks,

David.