Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Lunney Bill Lunney is offline

Default Userform Date validation

Some pointers:

AFAIK IsDate should adapt itself to the current regional settings so you
will be ok with this.

You can use the Year function to extract just the year part of a date after
calling IsDate to ensure it is actually a date.

Be aware that things like IsDate("2/2003") will return True. Depending on
your situation this may or may not be desirable and could require further
refinement.

Bill Lunney
www.billlunney.com

"David Goodall" wrote in message
I'm currently developing a userform which has a text box that prompts the
user for a date of birth. I would like to validate the input as a correct
date of birth. ie not born before 1900 and in correct dd/mm/yyyy format.

I've had a look at the the isdate function but I'm not sure if it can

handle
the British date format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David