Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Can I save conditional formatting in template?

Just to add to Bob's comment. How are you opening your template. You are
not doing File=New and selecting your template are you?

Or, you say save as xls. Are you opening your template and then doing a
SaveAs and giving another name? If so, your conditional formatting should
still be in the .xls version of the file where you did the saveas, but it
won't be in the template since you didn't change that.

Is you template an xlt file or are you just calling a "master" workbook a
template - is it really an xls file?

Tom Ogilvy

Bob Phillips wrote in message
David,

I have just tried it by setting up row striping in CF in my Book.xlt
template, opening a new spreadsheet, saving it, then re-opening. The row
striping stayed there at all times.

Are you sure that in your saved workbook the condition is still being

met?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"David" wrote in message
I'm trying to save conditional formatting in a template
but when I open the template and save an XLS the
conditional formatting has gone.

Can I do this? I looked in the Help but it was no help (as
usual).