Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format column heading cells in template?

David,

Select all of the heading cells (row 1 I assume)

In CF, set Condition1 to FormulaIs
Add a formula of =A1<"" (that's 2 double quotes)
Select Format button , set Font and Patern as desired
exit out

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"David" wrote in message
I want to create a template with formatted column headers.
However, the headers will be blank in the XLT template and
will be filled in by the users and I cant forsee how many
will be filled in.

What I want is any column heading cell that is non-blank
in the XLS spreadsheet to be filled with a pattern. Can I
do this with conditional formatting?
How do I specify the condition?

Thanks to whoever answers!