Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steve steve is offline

Default Can a variable workbook be embedded into an Excel funtion?

Jeff,

Dim wbk1 as String, wbk2 as String, wsh1 as String, wsh2 as String

wbk1 = "Myworkbook"
wsh1 = "Mysheet"

Range("A1").Formula = "=[" & wbk1 & ".xls]" & wsh1 & "!A1"

start from here and build.

You could also Dim these as Workbook and Worksheet objects to change
Workbooks("Myworkbook.xls").Sheets("Mysheet").Rang e("A1")
Set wbk1 = Workbooks("Myworkbook.xls")
Set wsh1 = Sheets("Mysheet")
wbk1.wsh1.Range("A1")

steve

"JeffFinnan" wrote in message
Previously, I had queried about comparing ranges as to whether they were
exactly the same as each other

Tom Ogilvy had suggested using something like this:

? Evaluate("=NOT(OR(A1:B10<C1:D10))")
False

Range("C1:D10").Value = Range("A1:B10").Value
? Evaluate("=NOT(OR(A1:B10<C1:D10))")
True The question I have now is how can I use a variable name or some

separate
worksheet references for the ranges within the Excel function? By this I

mean
each range could be a variable workbook and work sheet as well as a

variable
range.

Thanks,
Jeff