MS

I followed your very clear directions carefully, however the macro seemed to
have no effect.

If I create a new (blank) excel worksheet , these historical headers and
footers are still part of the page setup. Which leads me to believe these
historical headers and footers are being tracked at a higher level than just
the WS level, and clearing them at the WS level has no effect.

Maybe it's being controlled at the application level?

"Jason Morin" wrote:

Try a macro like this:

Sub ClearAll()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
With ws.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = ""
.CenterHeader = ""
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = ""
.RightFooter = ""
End With
Next
End Sub

---
To use, press ALT+F11, go to Insert Module, paste the code in the window,
and press ALT+Q. Now go to Tools Macro Macros and run it.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"MS" wrote:

I'm trying to clear all the historical information listed under the custom
header and footer buttons. Is there a fast easy way of doing this?