Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ozbobeee[_2_] Ozbobeee[_2_] is offline

Default Copy/paste based on adjacent cell contents

Sorry,

Some typos in the 2nd paragraph.

It should read:

Taking the example, I wish to copy A12 down Col A (subject to there
being a corresponding entry in Col B), then stop when a blank cell in
Col B is found (eg B16). Then go to each entry in Col A (eg CLC, CLF
etc. etc) and invoke the same copy/paste criteria until all entries in
Col A have been accounted for.

Cheers

Bob
Maitland Australia

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:11:08 +1000, Ozbobeee
wrote:

XL2K

The layout of data is in the following format, with the number of
entries against each item in Col A dynamic. Data will always commence
at A12. Col A entries will always be 3 alpha and Col B will always be
in date format. Each series of entries against an entry in Col A will
end with blank cells in Cols A & B, followed by a line of text in Col
B, followed by 2 blanks cells in A & B.

Taking the example, I wish to copy A12 down Col A (subject to there
being a corresponding entry in Col B), then stop when a blank cell in
Col B is found (eg B16). Then go to each entry in Col B (eg CLC, CLF
etc. etc) and invoke the same copy/paste criteria until all entries in
Col B have been accounted for.

Naturally if there is only 1 entry against data in Col A (eg Row 20),
no action is required.

A B
12 CLB 23/4/2003
13 30/4/2003
14 30/4/2003
15 2/5/2003
16
17 Sub Total Text
18
19
20 CLC 22/4/2003
25
26 SubTotal Text
27
28
29 CLF 28/4/2003
30 28/4/2003
31 29/4/2003
32
33 SubTotal Text
34
35
36 CLG
37
38

Any assistance with code to achieve the task would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers

Bob
Maitland Australia