Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Scott Lyon Scott Lyon is offline

Default Programatically adding worksheets to a spreadsheet

I'm not sure if I can do this, as I tried doing the "record a macro" trick,
and then trying it manually, and checking what recorded in the macro... Only
to find that the macro was pretty much empty.

In a nutshell, what I've got is an Excel spreadsheet that has a bunch of
worksheets already. I want to write a macro/subroutine/function that I can
call, that will check one of the current worksheets, and for each cell (with
data) on a given line, will add a worksheet (copied from a "template"
worksheet), setting the worksheet name (both the tab and in the properties)
to the name of the selected cell.

Ideally, I'd like to have it also do a "search & replace" on the VBA code in
the new worksheet (based on the template), to adjust things to match the
file. But I can do that by hand if necessary.

Is any of this going to be possible to automate? Or am I stuck with tons of
clicking?

(Basically, I need to add a few hundred worksheets in this fashion - now you
know why I'd rather automate the process)

Thanks!
-Scott