Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kelly[_4_] Kelly[_4_] is offline

Default Fast Export

I'm addressing the age-old question of exporting data from Excel to
(fill in the blank).

I need speed (dealing with a large amount of data many times over)

The goal of the Excel spreadsheet I've written is to take a range and
save it in a file (.txt, .csv, .whatever) so that it can be read in
later by another Excel spreadsheet.

What I know so far is that if I (programatically via VBA) cut the
range, open a new workbook, paste the values and save the workbook,
this seems ? to be the fastest. However, I'm told this is not best
practices.

I've also tried looping through the range and assigning the values to
an array then write the array out. Takes too long.

Does anyone know the most efficient way to capture a range and save it
to a file?

All ideas are welcome. Thanks a ton.