Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
-\) -\) is offline

Default Comdlg32.ocx

I developed a Excel sheet on my home PC, XP pro, Office XP, VB 6 installed
too.

The sheet works fine on my system.

I have one user form that opens when opened. I use a reference to
comdlg32.ocx (MS Common Dialog Control Version 6.0) to allow me to have a
file selection tool.

On the client system (large Corp) Win 2K, Office 2000. I can't get it to
work. I even copied all parts over as text and recreated the Sheet. On the
client system, If I don't set the "References" first when I add this control
to the tool bar I get a control that is named "Unknown". If I set the
Reference first, then add to control, it looks fine. When I run it I get an
unlicensed control error.

I have also noticed that after fighting this problem the system as lost the
ability to open any of the older excel sheets.

SO can I use this OCX with out loading VB 6 on it? Is there a "legal"
control that does the same thing? Will I have to reload Office to fix the
functioning of the older sheets?