Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephen Quist Stephen Quist is offline

Default Mysterious button

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that opens a file and reads it in. The directory and
filename are first put into cells and a button on the spreadsheet is clicked
to initiate the loading. I have access to the code that does the loading. I
want to convert it to use the GetOpenFilename method.

What I can't figure out is where the button is located. There is a Userform
in the VBA project that looks like an early attempt at creating the button.
It is not the button that appears on the spreadsheet; the text is different.
I can't select, move or affect the button in any way other than to click it.
I can cursor through the cells underneath it, but that doesn't affect the
button at all.

How do I find out where it is? How do I do something with it?

Thanks

Steve