Gord Dibben

Stick a blank workbook into your XLSTART folder or into the "alternate statrup
folder" or "at startup, open all files in", which can be found in
ToolsOptionsGeneral.

Gord

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:33:32 GMT, "bullseye"
wrote:

thank you both. it works.

however, I liked that Excel automatically launched a book. Now that I
suppressed the splash, only a blank Excel opens. This is still better
having the splash but, if I wanted a blank book (or sheet) to open as Excel
is launched, is there a way to do that while the splash is suppressed?

.. .
Append a /e to your shortcut.

"C:\mypath\to excel\excel.exe" /e

Note the <space before the /e

For more on starting Excel see Help on "starting excel" and read

"customizing
how excel starts".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:30:13 GMT, "bullseye"
wrote:

I was able to do so in Word but the same procedure is not working for

Excel.
How do I create a shortcut to launch Excel with the splash screen
suppressed? (I Googled this and was unable to find the solution there.)