SVC

Two possibilities come to mind:

1. The original formula has absolute references, which are indicated by one
or more "$" in the formula (look at the formula in the formula bar). If this
is the case, first remove all the "$", then copy the formula.

2. Your formulas are not set to recalculate automatically. Tools
Options, the Calculation tab, under Calculation the "Automatic" button should
be selected.

"Doris" wrote:

I am using a sreadsheet created by someone else from a report file. I want
to calculate the difference between the amount in column A and the amount in
column B. When I enter the formula for each line separately, I get a correct
difference. When I copy the formula, the formula in the new cell looks right
but the value it returns is the value in the cell copied and not the result
of the formula. Any suggestions for correcting this?