Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default VBA Syntax for VLOOKUP to return array of return values

Hi Myrna,

One reason for your problems may be that using Application.Evaluate with
references unqualified by sheets always refers to the active sheet, so you
get a different answer depending on which sheet is active.
You can use Worksheet.Evaluate to control this behaviour.

hth
Charles Williams
www.DecisionModels.com

"Myrna Larson" wrote in message
Hi, Alan:

My experience with evaluating array formulas in VBA has been that it can't

be trusted. One day
the code will work, the next day -- without any changes to the worksheet

or the code -- it
doesn't.

So I've given up on that and write the required loops.

Myrna Larson

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:20:47 -0700, Alan Beban wrote:

Rob Bovey, Dave Peterson and Dana DeLouis recently provided helpful
suggestions for a similar situation with COUNTIF. None of them seems to
resolve the following superficially similar problem with VLOOKUP.

=VLOOKUP(10035,A1:E5,{2,3,4,5},FALSE)

works fine on the worksheet.

With the VLookups function from my website, either of the following VBA
code snippets works as well:

arr = VLookups(10035, Range("tbl2"),Application.Evaluate("{2,3,4,5}"))

arr = VLookups(10035, Range("tbl2"), Evaluate("{2,3,4,5}"))

But notwithstanding the above helpful suggestions for COUNTIF, I can't
get anything like the following to work:

arr = Application.VLookup(10035,A1:E5,????????,False)

Any more helpful suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Alan Beban