Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_3_] Alan Beban[_3_] is offline

Default VBA Syntax for VLOOKUP to return array of return values

Rob Bovey, Dave Peterson and Dana DeLouis recently provided helpful
suggestions for a similar situation with COUNTIF. None of them seems to
resolve the following superficially similar problem with VLOOKUP.

=VLOOKUP(10035,A1:E5,{2,3,4,5},FALSE)

works fine on the worksheet.

With the VLookups function from my website, either of the following VBA
code snippets works as well:

arr = VLookups(10035, Range("tbl2"),Application.Evaluate("{2,3,4,5}"))

arr = VLookups(10035, Range("tbl2"), Evaluate("{2,3,4,5}"))

But notwithstanding the above helpful suggestions for COUNTIF, I can't
get anything like the following to work:

arr = Application.VLookup(10035,A1:E5,????????,False)

Any more helpful suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Alan Beban