Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_3_] Alan Beban[_3_] is offline

Default transpose matrices

Sander Lablans wrote:
[snip]
Just noted the typo myself. Of course very silly...

I haven't got experience with filling area's directly from VB-code into a
worksheet (guess I never needed them), so the corrections you perform are
quite educative. Thx.

Just a quick question, did you deliberately NOT assign a datatype to the
variable 'arr' in your ArrayTranspose-function, further in this thread?

SL

Not deliberately; Excel automatically assigns the Variant type when no
type is explicitly mentioned. Since I did explicitly declare another
variable in the function as a Variant type, I assume that the variable
'arr' wasn't in an earlier version of the function, and that when I
later added it I didn't bother to be explicit. I have now explicitly
declared it in my working version of the function, and it will be
included next time I update the file at the website (I just did that
last week, so it might be awhile).

I am not scrupulous about declaring Variant variables as explicitly
Variant variables, though I suppose there are some arguments for that
practice. It does cause one to think about each variable type
assignment, and perhaps protects against possible future changes in
Excel's declaration conventions.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Alan Beban