Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Newbie Question

Random,

Open the VBA Editor and go to the Insert menu, and choose Module.
This will add a new code module to the VBProject of the workbook.
In that module, enter your code, something like

Public Function TimesTwo(V As Double) As Double
TimesTwo = V * 2
End Function

Then, you can call this function directly from the worksheet with
a formula like

=TimesTwo(5)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Random" <Random@nwhere wrote in message
I am sure the answer is somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

I am
trying to add a user function to an Excel sheet so that anyone

in the
sheet can use the function in a cell. Is this possible?

I am fairly competent with VB, so the inner code is not an

issue. Can
someone point me in the right direction or post a sample code

that
does something simple like adding 1 to a cell.

Thanks in advance.