Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geeves[_2_] Geeves[_2_] is offline

Default Chart into Userform Problem

Jon,

Thanks for the tip.

I ended up using the msgbox to work out what graph was being called.

Then I just changed the order they were in the drop down box and everything
is now fine.

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Are you declaring variables? You have two lines in conflict:

currentchart = ""

and

Set currentchart = Sheets("Charts").ChartObjects(ChartNo).Chart

You should have a line that says

Dim currentchart As Chart

That lecture on best programming practices aside (as if I'm the expert),
you need to refer to the chart names, not their numbers:

testChartName = "My Chart"
Set currentchart = Sheets("Charts").ChartObjects(testChartName ).Chart

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Geeves wrote:
I double checked all Chart Names, even checked what the macor would be
called for each.

I have gone through every thing I can think of and I have tracked down

the
porblem to the set currentchart when I changed the UpdateChart Macro

I included a msgbox to see what it was actually referencing. When I ran

it
I found that for Chart 2 it was selecting Chart 6
So despite ChartNo =2 it was giving me Chart 6 in the MSgBox anf then

Chart
6 would be appearing in the form.

Can anyone tell me why it would be giving me the error as this is

totally
beyond me.

Private Sub UpdateChart()
currentchart = ""
testChartName = ""
Set currentchart = Sheets("Charts").ChartObjects(ChartNo).Chart
' CName = currentchart

Dim testChartName As String
testChartName = Sheets("Charts").ChartObjects(ChartNo).Name

MsgBox testChartName

currentchart.Parent.Width = 420
currentchart.Parent.Height = 190

' Save chart as GIF
Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "temp.gif"
currentchart.Export Filename:=Fname, FilterName:="GIF"

' Show the chart
Image1.Picture = LoadPicture(Fname)
End Sub