Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Quad combinations

misspellings tend to throw the reader
off the content.

Apparently.

Seems to me, Harlan invested some time answering your original question and
provided some sage advice at the end. You are the one that baited him.

In fact, if Harlan correctly interpreted your strategy, you are decreasing
your chances. As an example,

Assume 4 letters A, B, C, D

with 3 letter combinations being chosen in a drawing. The combinatorial
possibilities a

ABC
ABD
ACD
BCD

Assume 3 drawings have been held and the results were
ABD
ACD
ABC

As we know, each combination will, over time be chosen an equal number of
times. Picking a combination containing A, your strategy, would actually
lessen your chances, since 3 successes have already been "consumed."

of course, unless the selection system is flawed, each drawing result is
independent of past experience, but if one believes an infinitesimal gain
can be made, you should do the opposite of the most frequently selected
quad.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
om...
Did you mean acumen?

Mr Grove, if you're going to post condescending retorts, you should at
least get the spelling right; misspellings tend to throw the reader
off the content.

Samuel.

Please remove obvious spam trap if u wish to reply by email.