Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Formulas not data 0

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 08:57:58 +0100, "Ravi Sandhu" wrote:

Hi guys

I want to somehow create a formula, which give me the following results...

I want it to SUM a serious of cells

e.g. SUM(A1:A5)

However, if there are no results in cells A1 to A5, I don't want the SUM
cell to display a 0

I want for it to stay blank.

Please advise

thanks

In addition to what others have posted, you could keep your formula the same
and use a custom format for that cell:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom/Type: #,##0.00;-#,##0.00;;

That's an example of formatting with commas and two decimal places. In the
format string, semicolons (;) are used as separators, and the third entry is
for 0 values. Since there is nothing there, a zero is displayed as a blank,
although the value is still in the cell.

--ron