Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default testing for non-empty cells

Paul,

Doesn't =COUNTA(C:C) tell you if there are some non-blank cells. It picks up
formulae and values. The number of rows is 65536 (97 and above), so if it's
less than that number there are balnsk

=IF(COUNTA(C:C)<65536,"you have blanks","no blanks")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul James" wrote in message
I need to test an entire column to see if there are any non-blank cells in
the column. I've tried writing an expression using CountA(), but I can't
get it to work.

Can anyone tell me how I could test, say, Column C, to see if there are

any
blank cells in that column?

Thank you in advance.

Paul