Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ksgoodwin ksgoodwin is offline

Default Relative references to multiple selections

Try,

Range("D5").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(3, 1).Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(3, 3)).Select

2nd question: Turn on the relative reference button on the Macro window
after starting to record a macro. You get for a simple cut and paste with
the active cell at (8,5) ....

ActiveCell.Offset(-8, -5).Range("A1:D4").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste

Don't turn in on you get.....

Range("A1:D4").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Range("E5").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

"Lisa" wrote in message
When I use ActiveCell.Offset(row,column).Select, I am able
to select any cell in a position relative to the active
cell. I would like to know if it is possible to select
more than one cell at a time (or a range) that is put in a
position relative to the active cell. Also, is it possible
to record a macro that automatically uses relative
references instead of absolute references? Thank you.