Posted to alt.comp.lang.vba,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
Emile Besseling Emile Besseling is offline

Default call dll's from Excel asynchronously ?

Hello,

I have an Excel Addin, in which I call an DLL which retrieves data from a
Iseries application.

In Excel the cells contain an formula which is fed to the DLL. This works
great except when using
lots of cells and formula executiontime takes a while because Excel
(re)calculates the cells one by one.

Is it possible and how to that Excel calculates the cells not one by one but
asynchronously, for example
5 at a time ? This would decrease the recalculationtime.

Other suggestions to speed up are also welcome !

Best regards,

Emile Besseling

(remove geenspam)