Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Smallman Steve Smallman is offline

Default controlling another program from Excel

Charlie,

have you tried opening the files from in Excel. It would save a lot of
trouble, and simplify the resulting code a great deal.

Try recording a macro to open the works sheet and then save as excel file.

Steve
"Charlie" wrote in message
Is it possible to control another program from within an Excel macro?
What I'm thinking of is converting a lot of MS Works spreadsheets to
Excel. To do this I open Works, load a spreadsheet, and then save it
as an Excel file. There don't seem to be any macro capability within
Works, so if I could do this from Excel VBA, I think I could automate
the entire process.
--
Charlie Hoffpauir
If you really want to reply via email, my valid