Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Haas[_2_] Haas[_2_] is offline

Default Programming to put in dates

Thank you for all your help...both answers provided alternative means for a
solution for the same problem.

This group is great!

Haas

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Sub fill2()
For i = Range("B1").Value To Range("B2").Value
Range("A5").Offset(i - Range("B1").Value, 0).Value = i
Next i

Tom Ogilvy

Haas wrote in message
om...
Hi all! I was wondering if you can help me with a problem I'm having -
I'm a beginner so any help would be truly appreciated.

What code can I write to solve this problem?:

In cell B1, I have an inception year for a contract (i.e., 1985); in
the cell right below it, namely B2, I have the ending date (2003).
Now, starting from cell A5, I want to automatically have the years
going from 1985 to 2003 (or whatever the beginning year is and the
ending year.) I know I can have a calculation put into the cells, but
would rather run a macro because I will need to enter more info later.

Can anyone help? please?

Example

Beginning Year 1985
Ending YEar 2005