Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steve steve is offline

Default select contents of entire worksheet

Dave,

Its a little sneaky, that's why you missed it... Also you may not be
familiar yet with the Cells object.

Range("$A$1") is the same as Cells(1,1) in code.
Range("$A$1:$E$6") is the same as Range(Cells(1,1),Cells(5,6))

Cells().ClearContents

Cells() usually takes arguments for row and column. Not putting in
arguments specifies all cells.

I like the cells object since it is easier for me to use variables in it
with less confusion and typos.

steve

"Dave" wrote in message
I'm trying to clear the contents of an entire worksheet
from a macro but I can't find any way of doing this.
I don't want to delete the sheet only clear the contents.

I've gone round in circles with the range(???).clearcontents
style as I can only see that defining the maximum number of
possible cells (ie range("A1:IV65536").clearcontents) will ensure
that the whole sheet is cleared.

Am I just missing something obvious ? or is this the way to do it.

Dave