Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Keith Willshaw Keith Willshaw is offline

Default Compiling a workbook...

"Ted Theodoropoulos" wrote in message
om...
You could move your functions from VBA into a com add-in.

Since this is a compiled dll your code is much more secure,
if you use VB.Net to do this be sure to use a code obfuscator
as .net executable and dll's effectivel contain all the source which
can thus be disassembled.

Another great advance from micro$oft.

Keith

Thanks to both of you guys for your suggestions. The dll idea is a
good one but I'm trying hard to avoid having to run an installation
routine. I think that I would have to run one to register the dll on
the machine. Correct?

You dont need full blown Installshield type setup routine, a DOS batch
file would be fine or you could bypass that by writing a macro that calls
the
Shell function to run Regsvr32 and register your dll that way

Keith