Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Bednarek Michael Bednarek is offline

Default Macro to insert numbers

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:08:18 -0700, "Richard"
wrote in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

I use a column A3 to A14 into which I insert consecutive
numbers using individual macros. This is not the ideal way
to do it. Could anyone help with a macro that allows me to
have a message box asking how many records I need to have
and then the macro inserts the chosen number in the cells
starting from A3. Say I pick five, then the macro would
just insert the numbers 1,2,3,4 and 5 in cells A3,A4,A5,A6
and A7. The macro would need to clear the range A3:A14
first so as not to leave any previously entered numbers.
I've had a go at this myself but failed to get it to work.

Thanks for any assistance.
Richard

I'm not sure a macro is needed. Have you tried to enter the starting
number in A3 - then select A3:A14 - then Menu: Edit/Fill/Series... ?

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, Tactical Global Management
Waterfront Pl, Brisbane 4000, Australia. "POST NO BILLS"