Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
jaf jaf is offline

Default Open Filename + SendKeys

Hi Matthew,
This works for me.

Workbooks.Open Filename:="http://www.osbornewood.com/_private/test.csv",
password:="yourpasswordhere"

That is the website password, not the file password.

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"Matthew" wrote in message
I am writing a macro for Excel 2002 in VB. I am opening a .csv file from

protected part of my web site. I have a dialog box requesting my user

name
and password. Excel remembered the values from last time, so all I have

do is click "OK" or hit enter on the keyboard.

I tried the following script, but it seems to want to finish Open Filename
before going on to SendKeys.

Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"http://www.osbornewood.com/_private/test.csv"
SendKeys "{ENTER}"

How can I make it go on to the next step without waiting for the document

actually open? (The SendKeys "{ENTER}" is to get past the dialog box.)

Is this the right general idea, or am I totally on the wrong track?

Matthew