Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Yacine Belala Yacine Belala is offline

Default Open/manage newly created workbooks

Hello

I have a VB program that creates excel reports ( i.e.
workbooks using Workbooks.add of an Excel.Application
object). Since multiple workbooks can be generated, I would
like to start a shell with each newly created workbook(s)
to view a created workbook but leave it to the user to save
the files if needed. What is the best way to do that ?
Create a temp file for each workbook?
I tried to make the excel.application visible but I ran
into 2 problems:
- Managing user closing the workbooks manually is
difficult
- Apparently users are having errors on NT when they
press alt-tab after viewing the open workbooks and attempt
to create new workbooks without closing the previous ones

Any help is appreciated

Thx!