Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ijb ijb is offline

Default Excel Add-in

Steve,
further to Neils comment I do not think you can access worksheets in an
add-in - they do not logically exist

ijb

--
Remove nospam from my e-mail address to talk direct

Not MCSD just experienced

"Neil" wrote in message
Steve,

Only guessing here but I think that addins have an extension of .xla

not
.xls.

Neil

"S. Daum" wrote in message
I developed some code in an Excel Workbook. It all worked fine. I did

"Save
as" - and selected "add-in." I'm using Excel 2002. In another sheet - I

try
to select this add-in from Tools/Addins. I get errors when my code tries

reference any sheet in the original workbook. For example a line like

this:

Dim xs as Excel.Worksheet
Set xs = Application.Workbooks("MyCodeWorkBook.xls")

This line causes an error - subscript out of range in the add-in but

works
from my "code sheet."

It is like the "add-in" does not see it's own workbook - when running as

add-in. Any advice appreciated.

Steve