Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken[_10_] Ken[_10_] is offline

Default Macro for a single line mail merge?

Hi,

I have put together a leave tracking spreadsheet, which incorporates
statistical data as requested by my workplace. If a staff member goes on
leave for more than 5 workdays, they would like a form letter filled out
from the input data.

I know that I can use excel for mail merge to word, but I don't know how to
specify a single row of data to use, instead of all rows. I thought perhaps
I could create another worksheet and use something like (in English)
goto data sheet
Goto column header 'name'
xldown (or end I forget which)
copy cell
goto letter sheet (name cell)
paste

similarly for dates etc.

Print
Delete data from letter sheet - and run it all from a button.

This does not seem to be a very economical way to do things!
What I would like to do is for the macro to see which row it is on in the
data sheet, and use the data in a mail merge to a word document. My VB is
all but useless but I can handle simple macros, and my knowledge of formulas
is pretty good, and improving all the time. My work skills are limited. We
use Excel & Word 97 on a Win98 platform.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Ken