Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default worksheet protection

I assume your pulldown lists are done with Data=Validation.

It sounds like you are willing to allow each person to unprotect their own
sheet. If so, you could make the list dependent on a value in a locked cell
in each sheet, so that if the cell is blank, as an example, the list offers
no choices and the cell is protected. If the person unlocks the sheet and
enters a value in the locked cell, then the list appears as normal.

You would need to used defined names to build the lists.

I haven't tried it, but it seems like it could be done. You would be
dependent on the authorized user of the sheet clearing that field before
reprotecting the sheet.

An alternative would probably be a macro based approach.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"david" wrote in message
I have a workbook that is going to be given to multiple
people. I want all of them to be able to look at all of
the pages, but then only be able to change information on
their page. I have pull down lists on the worksheets that
won't lock. How can I get all of these things to work? I
have no problem with assigning separate passwords per
sheet. I just need to know how to get it to work right.

Thanks,
David