Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bruce Roberson[_4_] Bruce Roberson[_4_] is offline

Default Block Copy as opposed to EditCopy

In QPW, in macros, most of the time if I didn't want to
take the cursor to a range and do a macro command to edit
copy, then manipulate the cursor back to the new range,
and then do an edit paste. So, I was able to do a macro
equivalent of the menu "block copy" through a macro that
basically allowed me to name a range in the block copy
range without going there, and have it pasted into the
active cell or cells.

Example, I'm in a macro and my cursor is in cell A15. I
know that I want to copy the values of range A100 through
S100 (which we will call a range named "Type2header").

I don't want to move my cursor. I want it to stay in the
active cell which is A15 for the sake of discussion, and I
want to paste the values in the range "Type2header" to
A15..S15. I want an exact overlay basically.

Can I do this in Excel?